The Westin Jakarta’s Wedding Planning Checklist
Date and Venue
When deciding on the date, give yourself enough time to plan your wedding and enough time for your guests to plan ahead, especially if they need to travel for the occasions. Have multiple dates in mind to ensure that the venue you want is available. More importantly, should there be guests coming from overseas, provide them with accommodation options ahead of time.
Sit down with your partner to determine how much you’re willing to spend and if you will have any financial support from your families. You should also work on a breakdown of the potential expenses, such as the dresses, venue, catering and more, and assign a budget to each of these items. Be sure to set aside some of your budget for miscellaneous or unexpected items.
Having an approximate number of guests early in the planning process can help determine your venue and the costs. One week prior to the wedding, provide the venue and transportation company (if you provide airport pick up) the final guest list and their arrival/departure dates.
Send out a Save The Date early on so your guests can plan ahead, and send the official invitations 3 months before the wedding. Addressing the invitations can be time consuming so make sure you allocate enough time. Consider an e-invitation or a wedding website to commemorate your mementos. And for a digital wedding, don’t forget to choose your custom wedding hashtag, to help you look at memories of your big day as taken by your guests.
Having your closest friends and family by your side on your wedding day is important. Choose and ask your wedding party early so the bridesmaids and groomsmen can start helping you with your wedding planning. If you and your partner are looking to color coordinate with your bridesmaids and groomsmen, let them know ahead of time.
Vendors (Catering, Floral, Photographer, Hair & Makeup)
Be sure to start researching vendors months ahead of the wedding as the popular vendors are typically booked early. It’s recommended that you book them 6 to 8 months before the wedding. It’s important to select a vendor that you can get along well with as you will need someone that can understand your vision and be happy to accommodate your wishes.
Two months before the wedding, touch base with all the vendors to ensure that they are clear of your expectations and any questions or concerns are answered.
Start wedding dress and tuxedo shopping as early as possible as you need to keep in mind you will need to schedule for multiple fittings. Your dress and your groom-to-be’s tuxedo may be the priority soon after you get engaged, but if you are providing the attire for your bridesmaids and groomsmen, it is important to organize early. Order the bridesmaid dresses 4 to 5 months prior to the wedding to leave you with enough time for alterations, if needed. For groomsmen and the groom, their wedding outfit should be ordered 3 months prior. Set up an appointment for a final fitting for yourself, your partner, bridesmaids and groomsmen 1 month before the wedding.
Setup your wedding registry
Shortly after your engagement it’s best to set up a registry as some guests may want to purchase a gift for pre-wedding celebrations such as engagement parties. Visit a few stores and research what type of gifts would best suit you and your partner. Or should you wish to go the non-traditional route, you can request that guests to gift funds towards your honeymoon, down payment on a home or even a donation to a cause that is important to you and your partner.
Plan your honeymoon
In the midst of all the wedding planning, set some time aside to plan for your honeymoon. You’ll need a break after your wedding and to spend time with just your partner. For the most idyllic wedding and honeymoon experience, choose a venue that offers an array of setups for your wedding as well as honeymoon offers, such as The Westin Jakarta.
- The Rings – purchase the rings at least 3 months ahead of time to allow for resizing, if needed.
- Insurance – consider purchasing wedding insurance for added peace of mind
- The Officiant – choose your officiant early, as he / she will need to block out the date of your wedding
- The Wedding Party – or rather, gifts for the wedding party such as parents and anyone else who will be helping you on your big day to show your appreciation.
- Don’t rush into your decisions. For instance, when choosing your vendor, take the time to compare packages and offers by multiple vendors and meet with them personally before deciding to go with them.
- Talk to recently-married couples that you know of, as they are likely to have some tips and advice on planning your wedding.
- If you are planning a big wedding, consider working with a wedding planner to help you in coordinating the details.
- Focus on the big picture and don’t get too worried about the little details. After all, when you look back on this day, you will recall the love and happiness, rather than the details.
We hope this wedding checklist can assist you in preparing for the wedding of your dreams. At The Westin Jakarta, our Wedding Specialists are on hand to help you with execute your vision. View our range of wedding packages or contact us at email@example.com to find out more about having your wedding at The Westin Jakarta.